Thursday, March 17, 2011

Favourite things

One of my favourite things about mothering is reading books to my children. Hands down, going to the library and picking new books (or old faves) to bring home is on my top 10. There's nothing like having little ones captivated by the sound of your voice, reading a fabulous story and seeing it come alive by amazing artwork. Our favourite book at the moment is Isabella's Garden, written by Glenda Millard and illustrated by Rebecca Cool. It is a wonderful, poetic read about the change of the seasons and how it affects this garden. I love it because the story leaves so many opportunities for Q&A. Like: "Where were the seeds sleeping?" and "what were the clouds crying?" and "What was the sun kissing"
 I love it and highly recommend it for young and old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment