Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I very, very know"

Michael is just so cute with his expressions sometimes. While playing an animal board game this afternoon after church, he kept saying "I very, very know" every time he knew the answer to a question. So cute. And so bilingual. Ah, the perks.
Sienna is truly worried her tooth won't fall out, so much so that i suggested that tomorrow at school she conduct a little survey of which kids are in the same boat as her. I wonder what she'll report. I just hope this doesn't blow up in my face. She could be the only one in her grade that hasn't yet lost any teeth. Yikes.
Today was a little bit of a miracle at church. We made it through all of sacrament meeting without exiting the chapel once (mind you we had a couple of huge outbursts like "THEY"RE MY STICKERS, SIENNA!!!"). But it was nice to be able to bear my testimony, and even better when Sienna bore hers. I tell you, kids are so honest sometimes. Like when they say things like "sometimes i like to choose the right". In front of the whole ward. Ah, the perks.
I'm into baking right now. This isn't an actual picture of what i baked, but believe me, it came pretty close. Blueberry cake is just so yummy. A little expensive (125g fresh blueberries $3; top quality strawberry yoghurt $2.50). But the recipe is ultra easy: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/9524/blueberry+cake
Here are some pics from our recent trip to the Otway Fly experience.
On top of the world among the huge, tall Mountain Ash that grow in the Otways forest. I think the tree top walk is 50m high.

Carried Joshy in the best baby carrier ever made for wanna-be active mummies: The Ergo Carrier!
Sienna and Michael with their adventure backpacks. And that day we had an adventure! Not only did we endure a 2 hour walk, but Joshy fell on his face and Michael grazed his hand, all before we even started the walk. Note to self: I must show more compassion to my kids when they hurt themselves. Saying things like "Michael, what have you done to yourself now?" doesn't really help. Must sing the get better song more often. It's a little Spanish song, but i'll do my best to translate it to English:
"Get better, get better,
little frog's bottom,
If it doesn't get better today,
It'll be better tomorrow"
Bilingualism. Ah, the perks!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwee loving your blog Kelly, you must sing and teach me the get better song to me so i can sing it to spence & elyssa my spanish will be interesting haha. Or english will be fine :-)
    Your kids are soo outdoorsy i cant believe they endured the walk for 2 hrs Spence would of collapsed 45 mins into the trek. I've been wanting to do the otways for a while now but may have to hold off for a year for spencer to do the trail. ... Mmmm blueberry cake. Loving your Blog kel. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry im using ry's email acc. but its me replying lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi primita! So funny that you're into baking, I am too! My mom says I get it from "Canda" since she loves to bake and my mom doesn't lol. Recently, I've made choc chip cookies, banana nut bread and buttermilk pound cake but this blueberry cakes looks delicious. I'm going to try the recipe and will post pics for you on FB.

    xoxox
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete