Wednesday, February 16, 2011

love is in the air

I always wanted to get married on Valentine's Day. Really, we should have gotten married then. I think we didn't end up getting married that day because i had the strange notion that we would be selfish and spoil everyone else's valentine's day celebration...so strange. Anyway, I like February because it sets the romantic scene for our anniversary, which is coming up in a few weeks. I tried to get into a romantic mood and decorated the mantle with some cardboard hearts.
I loved Valentine's this year. Hubby and i had an especially romantic evening (after kids went off to bed). We watched a romantic film, ate scorched almonds and exchanged gifts.  Definitely not an expensive evening, but we loved being together to celebrate being together. I love being married, especially to wonderful man like my Valentine.

We've done some painting lately, and here are some pics. Don't have the before shots, but just imagine all the walls covered with the most dull, and unimpressive wallpaper available in the 70's (the type of stuff that sends people into spontaneous depression), and boring carpet. We're still to work on the floors, but the painting is almost done.
I was also lucky enough to inherit some outdoor furniture which we painted and put outside.

Yeah, i know, i don't think it's possible to get a brighter blue than that. And i totally love it! It gives the outside area a lift. You may be able to see the book on the table. A nice romantic novel. Finally, went to the library, paid those overdue fines, and got that MOST WANTED poster taken off the walls. I.LOVE.THE.LIBRARY. But i must stick to the limit: no more than 2 books borrowed per family member (including the dog), at any one time. I will not accrue any more fines. EVER. Okay... i'll re-phrase that... I will TRY not to accrue any more library fines.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I can't believe you faced the library firing squad!! You must be so relieved to look at the building without the associated pain :) Nice painting, love all the colours - did you paint the picture of the tulips?? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your place and the colors! Great job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete