Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26th

Well, today got to a nice slow start. Louie had the day off so we had pancakes for breakfast. Made with buttermilk, of course :) Michael had a go at helping me make the mix and flipping pancakes for the first time. He did great! After all, it takes practice getting the whole flipping manoeuvre right.
 
Afterwards, we headed off to the library to veg out. We borrowed and brought back something like 30 items. It was windy and miserable in Melbourne today, so we needed some serious reading material to stay cosy and warm inside the house.
Serious reading material! This cake reminds me so much of Tanya, my sister in law and rainbow effect baking expert.
 
 
 
 
Sienna and Jacob played peek-a-boo while we were there. And then my advanced one year old killed it at chess (get it??)

 


I had the opportunity to serve someone in need tonight, and I had Nonna and Nonno to thank for, because they looked after the children while I was out. Our family is amazing.

I would like to take a few lines now to acknowledge some of my blessings. I know God loves and watches over us all. I would be ungrateful if I didn't express my gratitude for all His tender mercies.
- I am grateful  for my husband.  He is the man I chose to be my forever companion. We are good together. I am better for having him in my life. He is a choice father. How grateful I am for his love, support and for loving me even though I turned out faultier than the perfect bride he thought he was marrying.
- I am grateful to be a mother. Even though today I jokingly asked Louie if he could take a couple of them with him to work. They were driving me crazy! Though each of our children have come into our family on purpose (and not by surprise etc), I never thought i'd be the mother of four children. But here I am, and every day is an adventure. And we're in it together. Forever. That's the goal.
- I am grateful to know that 'families CAN be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan'.

No comments:

Post a Comment