Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Spring holidays

I love spring. And I love having the kids at home for the holidays. It gets a little demanding sometimes though, like when they start each day asking what amazing thing we are doing that day. It's hard for them to understand that not every day will be an extreme adventure, like yesterday's full day visit to the zoo.
Today we had no plans. We just took the day as it came. No looking at the clock. No endless car trips to and fro. Today the kids played with the next door neighbours on the trampoline with the hose on. They got absolutely soaked (except Joshy, who hates water play). They caught a monarch butterfly - and released it again ( I reminded them butterflies have only hours to live). A few minutes ago Papi took them to the park - at sunset. And I'll be waiting for them with ice cream. Maybe a dvd will follow. And me? Well, I even had time to hand sew a headband for Sienna. AND I got the sewing machine to work again. Sewing projects here we come! I love the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment