Thursday, December 19, 2013

Summer's here


Today the temperature reached 40 degrees Celcius in Melbourne (104F). I went into Michael's class to do a Christmas craft for the kids: little snowmen made from Styrofoam balls. Not very fitting with the weather conditions, I know. But the truth is, as ridiculous as it may be to sing Christmas carols that mention sleigh rides in the snow in a place that gets hit by extremely hot weather conditions in summer, it is SO MUCH FUN!!! To even imagine 'walking in a winter wonderland' is elusive at this time of the year down under, but I think it adds to the magic of Christmas for us here and in many parts of the world (south of the Equator mainly)... One day, I tell my kids, one day, we will stop 'dreaming of a white Christmas' - and actually experience it. But for now, our Aussie Christmases will be filled with the fun of endless summer days.
 

Today, in the inflatable pool. So awesome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment